There are so many websites that teachers and foodies can create!
This is Part 1 of what kind of online business can I start? I keep chatting with moms and they feel frustrated because they want to start an online business but don’t know what they can do. Part 1 covers:
- If you were a teacher in a former life
I know lots and lots of teachers (I guess that’s what happens when you worked at a school as the Communications Director). A few have asked but what can I do with my teaching background. Well, ladies, there is SOOO much you can do.
- You are or were a teacher and specialize in whatever age group you had. You can create a website selling lesson plans to other teachers. Every teacher I know has saved her lesson plans from year to year. If creating lesson plans and theming things gets you excited then create a site where you sell those lesson plans. There are plenty of teachers that do not like to create lesson plans and would jump at the opportunity to purchase a set from someone who knows what they are doing.
- You can create lessons plans specifically for homeschooled kids too! Your site can be aimed at moms that homeschool their children. There isn’t a better person to create lesson plans for moms teaching their kids at home than a caring teacher. You have the education and background and you know how children learn. Put that to good use!
- You can set up a site and offer private tutoring. You can do local only or online as well and skype the people you, tutor.
- Art teachers can set up sites with art projects- you can sell them or have affiliate links to the products. If you were an English teacher you can become an online language teacher, help create resumes, or do research papers. Start thinking about what you are proficient at and how you can turn that into a career for yourself.
- Maybe you want to set up a site helping teachers stay motivated, keep themselves healthy and teach them how to avoid burnout.
There are so many options and they would be specific to your background. Having trouble deciding? Contact me to set up a 15-minute consult call!
I love food. I love sites with food. I love to eat food. Food makes people happy. Food seems like such an easy idea to base your business around. The actual cooking the food is going to take time but there are so many food ideas. Let’s get right to it!
- You can sell digital cookbooks, you can have digital cooking classes, you can be an affiliate to all of these products etc.
- Category-specific food site- you can do a site based specifically on dessert or paleo or low carb.
- Ethnic food site- you can do a site-specific to ethnic foods- either an introductory for people or in-depth recipes
- You can do sites for cooking for families, cooking for two, cooking for one, cooking on a budget
- A food site specifically for kids, you can do a cooking with kids or a picky kids site
- An entertaining and food for parties site
- A beginner cooking site for college students
- A review site on local restaurants
If you don’t want to sell cookbooks then you can promote products (baking pans, mixers, knives, cutting boards etc) that you use in your recipes and then recommend and you earn a percentage when people click on your link and purchase from you. Becoming an affiliate for a lot of these places is pretty easy once you get yourself established.
Whether you are a teacher or someone that loves food, there are so many ideas for online businesses that you can personalize based on your passion.