New Baby Preparations for Working Mothers is important for the sanity of a mother.
You have enough on your plate as a working mother without having to worry about things you can run out of.
Having a few things stocked up before the baby arrives will make your first year so much easier.
- Wipes – Stock up with 60 packages of wipes. Yes, I’m serious. This will get you through the first year. The last thing you want is to have a massive explosion and realize you don’t have any wipes left. No one wants to be running out to Walgreens in the middle of the night to get wipes. Yes, you will get a few for your shower but I wouldn’t bother counting those. You are going to need wipes beyond the first year so save those as a bonus. If you buy 3-4 packages a week and spread it out (or a case here and a case there) you will have your wipes before you know it. My three favorite brands of wipes:
- Aldi – if you have an Aldi in your area then you should definitely buy your wipes there. I think the wipes are better than the name brand wipes and are half the cost.
- Target – Target has their own brand of wipes and I like these as well. They are of course less expensive than the name brand ones and if you catch them when they have a sale then you get an even better deal.
- Walgreen’s – Walgreen’s wipes are also a fantastic quality. They are also less expensive than the name brand wipes and just as good. Like Target if you can catch them on sale then you get an even better deal.
- Diapers – this is another stock up item that you need! Here is the breakdown of diaper purchases. This is what I would start with. After this, it’s going to vary based on your child’s size and how fast you potty train them. If you have too many then you just save the unopened packages to give to a friend when they have a baby (they will appreciate it!) or save them for your next child. For both of my kids, I did not have any left over for newborn or size 1. I’m in the process of size 2 with the second baby.
- Newborn – 10 jumbo packs (if you are buying a case of diapers it’s usually 4 jumbo packs to a case)
- Size 1 – 10 packs
- Size 2 – 15 packs
- Size 3 – 15 packs
These are the two main items you need to stock up on. You will get a lot of clothes for your shower so don’t worry about stocking up on that just yet!
*Bonus* – a great way to have your family and friends help you stock up is to ask everyone on the baby shower invitation to bring any size any brand diapers and be entered into a raffle. Family and friends WANT to help you so tell them how they can. Make sure the raffle prize is a nice one. I had this done for my shower and I did this for 2 other showers I threw for people. Everyone appreciated it because they didn’t have to think about diapers and wipes the first year.
Subscribe to Anna Paszkiet's Emails
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.