I am always being asked what tools I use for my business. These may change as time goes on but these are my current favorites. I will do videos on all of these soon but for now, go check them out!
- Wave Accounting – this is a free program and I LOVE it!! This is one of the top ones of my 8 favorite business tools. The basic version is free. Once you get into hiring employees (actual employees not 1099) then there are fees. You can link up your business account to load into the system, tag the items with the category they belong in for tax purposes, reconcile your account at the end of the month, send invoices (recurring too!) and you can scan your receipts and it will store them for you. It’s seriously awesome. You do get charged cc fees but it’s on par with other services. If you are in need click the pink title and it will take you there ↑
- Airtable -this is a project management software. I tried Trello, Asana, and Click-up and they weren’t quite what I needed. My brain thinks in a different way. The features I needed were paid features and if I was going to pay for something then it would be Monday.com which I use for a client. I was going to go ahead and pay for this when someone mentioned Airtable to me. I really like Monday but the pricing was more than I wanted to pay at this time. Before I bought Monday I went to take a look at Airtable and it was happiness all over again. It has ALL the features I need right now and it’s FREE. YESSS. I’m all about keeping costs down in the early years of your business. I have no problem paying for tools if they are useful for your business but if you can get it for free then it’s better. You can view your items kan ban style like Trello or grid view (like an excel file) which is how my mind works. There are other views as well. Here’s a couple screenshots from Airtable:
- Convertkit – if you have been around for any time on my social or website then you know I love Convertkit. This is the email provider I use and recommend to all of my clients. They are a fantastic company. Their customer service is excellent and the system has so many options and ways for you to automate. Please remember if you are just starting out that you CAN NOT email from your personal email. You need an email provider with an opt-out option. Anything else is against the law and the fines can be high.
- Tailwind – Tailwind is a scheduler for Pinterest and Instagram. This is my preferred scheduler. We schedule our Facebook posts right inside of Facebook so we only need a scheduler for the other two. It’s an easy program to use and they are legit 3rd party schedulers for Pinterest and Instagram. Check they out they have a free trial.
- Acuity Scheduling – this is the app I use for clients to schedule calls with me. It links up with my personal email, allows me to set times that I’m available and different types of appointments. They have a free version but I pay for the next level at $15 a month so that I can have all these integrations and integrate with ConvertKit. Try out the free version of Acuity Scheduling and upgrade if you love it.
- Siteground Hosting – ladies I have tried the “big name” hosting companies and they have nothing on Siteground. Siteground has great customer service and if you can’t figure something out they will help you!! I have clients that have moved from their previous providers to Siteground and they love it. If you don’t have a site up yet go with Siteground for your hosting.
- Erin Condren – I love Erin Condren planners but I’m currently trying to go digital with all my calendars and notes. Will it last? Who knows but if you are a paper planner person then Erin Condren is for you. Their covers can be customizable and they have 3 different types of styles you can choose from. Other than planners they have notebooks and tons of accessories. Check out Erin Condren at one of my links and you will receive $10 off your first order. Just sign up for an account and they will email it to you before you order anything!
- PowerSheets – I love my Powersheets. I discovered these a few years ago from a couple of other bloggers online. I wasn’t sure if I would like this goal-setting planner but it intrigued me. There was a lot of scientific evidence behind it but they were pricey. I bought a 6 month one to try it out and it really helped me focus and hit my goals. I’ve been buying the year-long planner every since and keep telling everyone about it. This is strictly a goal-setting planner, so if you use a planner already for your to do’s this is different. Go check it out.
These are some of my go to’s right now. I don’t know if I could manage without most of these but they help me run my business and streamline my products and tools.