What lead magnet ideas do you have? Lead Magnets are an easy and quick way to add people to your email list. A lead magnet is a free information document you give away in exchange for their email address. It can be a checklist, an ebook, a how-to document…basically any type of PDF that is valuable to your ideal customer. A lead magnet gives people a reason to give you their email address. If you don’t have a compelling way to get it then you won’t. It’s that simple.
Your lead magnet should solve a problem and do it quickly. It shouldn’t be a 10-page document. That is overwhelming for people. It should be a short document that gives your ideal customer a quick win. It should also be valuable so they know what you are talking about. No fluff. No matter what your industry you can adapt the below lead magnet ideas into an opt-in.
- Checklist– a checklist is great because it gives people steps or items they can check off as they go. They are also short and quick so both wins.
- Template – A quick template for someone to follow can do wonders for someone’s business and your status as an expert.
- Script – If your audience needs help speaking or writing then a script is a good way to help them and give them confidence in what they say.
- Resource List or Toolkit – a list of resources or a toolkit can go a long way. When people are starting businesses or a hobby or whatever it is they always want to know what other people use so this gets people excited.
- Calendars – Calendars are great for any industry- meal planning calendar, workout calendar, content calendar…lots of different calendar options!
- List – a list of affirmations, a list of journal prompts, a list of grocery items, a list of activities you can do with your child in the summer. The “list” is endless (haha)
- Webinar – Using a webinar benefits you both. You get email addresses and get to showcase your expertise while your customer gets to learn from you on your webinar.
- Email Course – email courses are great. You get into your customers inbox multiple days in a row and start to build a relationship with them and they start to get to know you as well.
- Discount – send a discount for your product or service when they sign up for your email list.
No matter what lead magnet ideas you come up with, make sure they are quick and valuable. A lead magnet that is too long and doesn’t give your future customer a quick win isn’t a win for you.