Vision Boards seem a little woo woo to you huh? Well, they can be but they can be really motivational for your business and help guide you to the goals and dreams that you have.
Vision boards can actually be very motivating and can encourage you to reach your goals. It is a tool that can help you stay focused to reach your goals. A vision board can be created on anything. You can make a digital board and use it as the background on your computer or you can use a cork board on the wall, make a vision board in a notebook, on a large picture frame, a Pinterest board or virtually anywhere that you will look at it. It can be created digitally, printed and laminated at your local print shop. Whatever works best for you is what you should do.
I created my first vision board many many years ago when I was selling Lia Sophia jewelry. Our manager wanted us to create our goals and dreams somewhere. I had a binder that had a clear cover and I needed to fill it with something since I would be looking at it each day. That was the first time I created my vision board. I pulled pictures from magazines and I printed images I found online. Some of those items I have already achieved, some goals and dreams have changed over the years and others I’m still working towards.
A vision board consists of images or a collage symbolizing what you want to bring to reality. This isn’t just about manifesting your dreams. It’s also about following your goals. You can’t just throw stuff up on a bulletin board and sit back and hope it happens. You need to work towards those dreams and goals and this is the motivation and reminder you need each day.
Here is a picture of my current vision board:
It contains both short-term and long-term goals. In December I’ll redo my vision board for the following year. Goals will have changed, some will be met, some I will have had a reality check on and others will change.
This is what you need to think about and write down before you begin your Vision Board:
- what goals do you have for the year?
- what are your dreams?
- what makes you happy?
- what are you going to feel like and what will your life look like when you reach those goals?
Decide what type of Vision Board you are going to make:
- Physical Vision Board
- Decide if you are going to use a bulletin board, poster, binder, picture frame etc.
- Gather magazines – cut out images and phrases that jump out at you and follow the questions above
- Print out images or phrases that align with your vision if you can’t find them in the magazines
- Put it all together in a way that makes you happy
- If you are going to use Pinterest make sure to open it each day to look at it
- Create a private board
- Pin colors, images, and phrases that answer the questions above and make you happy
- Use a design program to create a digital vision board
- Search for images and phrases and colors that answer the questions above and make you happy
- Once you are done in the design program, save it and set it as the background on your computer
Remember, a vision board is a place that consists of images, phrases or a collage symbolizing what you want to bring to reality. You need to work towards that reality and keep an open mind for it to happen. Don’t just create a vision board and expect everything to fall into your lap. This board guides you to your goals and dreams.
Happy Vision Boarding!