You can talk to a number of successful women and they will all tell you that there are certain elements that a woman needs to become successful. Everyone’s definition of success is different but the following traits are ones I believe you need to become a success.
- Your talent or passion – you need to know what your talent or passion is. If you don’t know what it is you will flounder and jump from business idea to business idea. If you know your passion and talent or discover it, then you can confidently make decisions that will grow your business around that talent.
- Belief in yourself – building a business can be a long winding road. With so many ups and downs, you must have belief in yourself through the rough times and keep going with your vision and dream. Successful women have that belief and keep pushing through.
- Successful women are risk takers – you can’t play it safe if you want to be a successful woman. You need to step out of your comfort zone and take risks. The work isn’t going to come to you…you need to go get it.
- Ability to deal with failure – Failure comes with starting and running a business. Failure isn’t a bad thing. There aren’t many businesses women around that can tell you they started a business without any type of failure. It comes with the territory. It’s not a bad thing, it just shows you what didn’t work and that means you move on and find something else. You need to be able to dust yourself off and get right back up to move on.
- Positive Biz Besties – Owning an online business can be lonely. Unless your family and friends are a part of that world, they just don’t understand. You can talk and talk to them but typically that’s met with a blank stare or advice that doesn’t work in the online world. Having friends in the online space can help your business but it can also help you mentally. You have someone to talk to that understands and can give feedback or encouragement in a relevant way. It might take a while to find your biz bestie but when you do you will know!
- Networking Skills- networking skills are important no matter what type of business you have. Learning to network online takes the same basic skills as networking in person. Be a real human, have real conversations and connect with people. Once you can do that you will start to meet some amazing people (and possibly that biz bestie!)
- Scheduling time for themselves – Whether it’s time to take care of yourself physically or mentally, successful women take the time. You need it to decompress and not always think about work. It doesn’t matter if it’s going to the gym, taking a bubble bath, reading, watching a movie, going for a run etc, whatever makes you decompress and ease the stress of day to day life is what you should be doing. You can’t always go go go. You will get burned out.
That’s my list of traits and skills that women need to become successful. Let me know if you agree with my list!
Subscribe to Anna Paszkiet's Emails
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.