I have a post on my favorite business tools so now it’s time to talk about plugins. When you have a WordPress website there are LOTS and LOTS of plugins you can add to your website. Knowing which one’s are the best ones can take some trial and error or you can take recommendations from others. I have a lot more than 6 plug-ins but these are 6 I think every site should have!
- Yoast SEO – This plugin helps you with your SEO. It doesn’t do the work for you but it guides you. They have a free version and a premium version. Everyone should have the free version installed and depending on your business you should upload to the premium. Yoast helps you optimize a keyword or phrase, helps index your pages, gives you a readability check and more.
- Cookie Notice – After all the GDPR laws you need to make sure you have a cookie notice on your website. This is a free plugin and it’s super easy to use.
- TinyMCE Advanced – this plugin lets you add additional formatting features to your website. You can configure up to four rows of buttons including Font Sizes, Font Family, text and background colors, tables, and more.
- Black Studio TinyMCE Widget – this plugin is the same as above except it applies to your widgets. Get extra formatting for any of your widgets and sidebars
- reSmush.it Image Optimizer – this plugin optimizes your image size for your website. It reduces the image size based on several advanced algorithms. If you have a food blog or fashion or beauty blog or any website that has a lot of photos then you need this free plugin
- Hello Bar for WordPress – Built by online marketers, for online marketers, Hello Bar doesn’t just offer pop-up tools, but also lead generation (& other marketing) training to give you both the software and the know-how to see results. In basic terms it’s a bar that you have at the top of your screen to tell your visitors to do something…subscribe…purchase or just follow you on social media.
These are six of the many plugins I use that I think most sites should have. All of them have at least a basic free version that you can use to help you with your website and online business.