Learning to market your business should be one of the first things that you do. Typically when people hear marketing they automatically assume that marketing is paid advertising. While advertising can be part of your marketing it’s not everything. There are plenty of ways to market your business, both paid and unpaid. Here are 20 things you can do to market your business.
- Create a Good Elevator Speech – you are the first point of marketing everywhere you go. Make sure your elevator pitch is clean and to the point.
- Sponsorships – both in-person and online. You can sponsor local events, networking meetings, school sports, and more. You can also be a sponsor online: virtual meetings, virtual summits, podcasts, and more.
- Network – join local networking events and associations. Get out there and get your name known.
- Content Marketing – Use content to your benefit. Put out blog posts, podcasts, or youtube videos showing your expertise.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a visual search engine, like google but with photos. You would be surprised at how many people use Pinterest.
- Social Media – posting on social media and showing your expertise is free
- Collaborate – collaborate with people who complement your industry. This could mean doing a podcast together, a virtual summit, putting on an event together, sponsoring something together, or anything you can think of. You tap into each other’s audiences and grow your exposure.
- Email Marketing – use your email to communicate with your audience. Keep in contact with them, give them valuable information, and offer your products/services.
- Use an Email Signature – set one up for your personal and professional email. You want everyone that you communicate with to know what you do.
- Be a Speaker – get on the speaking circuit. Speak at your local networking and association events. Speak online at virtual events. It helps you be seen as the expert that you are.
- HARO – Use HARO – Help a Reporter Out – reporters need people to give quotes and interviews on different topics. Be one of those people.
- Learn the Basics of SEO – SEO can take a long time to learn but knowing the basics and download Yoast SEO if you have WordPress is a good start
- Social Media Ads – run ads on the various social media channels to your page/profile. You will attract people a lot faster this way.
- Get Listed in Local Business Directories – yelp, apple maps, google my business, Linkedin, Bing, and more.
- Contests – run a contest! You can become very visible with a contest, whether it be a local one or virtual.
- Referrals – build relationships with people. They will send referrals your way. You can also ask for referrals from your previous customers as well.
- Be Consistent – the more consistent you are with your emails and social media and content the more your audience will get into a routine and expect to see that content coming through to them.
- Offer a Discount – a coupon or special offer brings new people in to try your product or service
- Pinterest Ads – make sure your Pinterest content shows up higher on the list for people searching
- Start a Blog – put out content that people want answers to. It will help your SEO and you will keep website visitors coming back.
There are a lot of things you can do to market your business, both paid and free. It does take time to implement marketing so make sure you have the time to do it or hire someone to do it for you.
If you are looking for easy programs to design your images CLICK HERE
If you don’t know where to start with your marketing then let’s jump on a call and chat. Having a marketing strategy coach guide you along the way may be just what you need. Schedule Your Call Now