Whether you are new to business or have been creating content for a while, sometimes you just need inspiration for new content ideas. Some people have this gift of coming up with great content, some people source from their customers and other people overthink it and get stumped when they have a head full of knowledge.
Here are 11 ways to get inspiration for new content ideas:
- Pinterest– this is my number 1 spot to go to when I’m having trouble coming up with new content ideas. You can search for various topics and get inspired for your own. Don’t be a jerk and copy someone else’s article. Write your own.
- Forums – Quora, Yahoo and Industry Specific forums. There are tons of questions being asked in forums on all types of topics. Go find your topics and see what types of questions people are asking about. Create your content from that.
- Online Social Media Groups – go find groups where your audience is hanging out and see what type of questions they are asking. Get content ideas from that. Answer questions.
- Youtube – Search your topics on Youtube and get inspired by videos that you find.
- Instagram – search hashtags and go find people in your Industry. See what they are talking about and get your inspiration that way.
- Survey your clients & email subscribers – send a survey to your clients and email subscribers. Find out what they want to know more about.
- Industry Conferences – conference sessions are goldmines for topics. Listen to questions that are asked in sessions you attend and take notes. Write answers to those questions. Grab topics from topics discussed and delve deep into topics that might just be skimmed over.
- Popular Posts on your own site. Take posts that have gotten a lot of traffic on your site and create a series out of them.
- Use a keyword search tool like Ubersuggest. Punch a keyword in and look at the results. Use those results to create content.
- Google – start typing your topic into Google and see what it auto-suggests. These are topics people are searching for.
- Hubspot – use Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator to create topics.
Want more tips? Here are 23 Ways to Repurpose Your Content