Set up an email list. Set up an email list!! Everyone tells you to set up an email list. You go and you set up an email list and then you wonder now what? I have an email list set up and what do I do with it?
Here are 10 types of emails you can send your list
- Send a welcome email. Welcome everyone to your list. Whether they are finding you through an opt-in or just signing up for the list you should be welcoming them. You can set up an email sequence (if your email provider has that option) so they receive multiple emails from you over a couple of days. Welcome people in one email, tell people who you are in another email, and invite them to your social channels in the third email. You want to have everyone feel welcome that joins your list and you want to entice them to keep reading any other email you send.
- Send educational emails. Send emails that educate your audience. When you provide value to your audience they will keep reading your emails and spread the word.
- Send new Content Emails. Announce your new content that you put out, whether that be a new blog post, podcast, or Youtube video.
- Send trainings, webinars, or classes that you are offering. Inform your audience of any educational offerings you have. If they are following you they want to know what you offer.
- Send your offers. Whatever you offer make sure you let your audience know. They want to know that you have a 3-month coaching program, or one time-intensive, a group coaching program, or a training on how to grow your email list.
- Send questions. Ask your audience questions. Get to know them, find out what they want to learn about or participate in. Get them to reply to your emails and create a relationship.
- Send a request. Send an email asking your customers for a testimonial if they have worked with you. Send an email asking people to rate and review your podcast or youtube video.
- Send a We’re Hiring email! If you need to hire someone for your company what better way than to ask your audience? If they have been following you for a while they know what you do and how you do it. They know your brand and your tone. Ask your audience first!
- Send a reorder email! If you sell a product that can be repurchased send a reminder email that it’s time to repurchase.
- Send an abandoned cart email. You add a product to your cart then you aren’t sure if you want it, or you get called away by one of your kids and forget to purchase. Then, magically, you receive an email from the company reminding you to finish your purchase. This is an abandoned cart email and most email providers have an option to do this!
Those are 10 different emails that you can send your email list. When you write emails to your audience don’t forget to write as if you are writing to people. You don’t want to be all business and promotions every time you send an email. Don’t forget there’s a person on the other end of the email. Be nice. Be human.
If you are looking for more information on how to use free online challenges to grow your email list click here
If you need more info on how to build your email list click here